Events in RS3
Regular RS3-wide events
Two major RS3-wide events take place every year:
The RS3 Annual Meetings usually take place in October. They are hosted by one of the principal investigators of a funded RS3 project within his or her university. The Annual Meetings consist of two parts:
- The first part (first two days) of the Annual Meeting is dedicated to presenting the current progress within individual research projects (funded projects as well as associated projects) and within the priority programme as a whole.
The first part is attended by principal investigators, doctoral, and post-doctoral researchers of projects funded by RS3 or associated to RS3, and guests (such as invited speakers and members of the scientific advisory board). The first part also features one or more keynote talks on topics that are relevant to research in RS3, from the perspective of invited researchers from science and industry.
- The second part (last two days) of the Annual Meeting is dedicated to advancing common research topics within RS3.
The second part is attended by doctoral and post-doctoral researchers of projects funded by RS3 or associated to RS3. During the second part, the doctoral and post-doctoral researchers exchange ideas and work together towards the common research objectives of RS3.
The Staff Meetings usually take place in January or February. Doctoral and post-doctoral researchers of projects funded by RS3 or associated to RS3 meet for three days to work together towards the common research objectives of RS3.
From 2011 to 2013, internal tutorials took place every year in September or October:
- Tutorial 2011: The topics of this tutorial were Information Flow Security and Verification Tools.
- Tutorial 2012: The topics of this tutorial were Program Analysis and Verification.
- Tutorial 2013: The topics of this tutorial were Usage Control, Authorization and Software Engineering for Security.
To get an impression of the regular RS3 meetings, please visit the individual event pages.
Further RS3-wide events
The RS3 coordination team also organizes further RS3-wide events that do not take place regularly:
- Before and shortly after the beginning of RS3, a preparation workshop and a kick-off meeting took place to prepare the priority programme.
- For the third phase of RS3, events for disseminating RS3 research results to a wider community are planned.
Topic Workshops constitute a light-weight possibility for smaller meetings dedicated to specific research topics throughout the year and beyond the scope of the regular meetings. They can be organized by subgroups of researchers in RS3. To get an impression of past topic workshops, see the list of past topic workshops.
Every researcher within RS3 can apply for a topic workshop via the RS3 coordination, notably also doctoral and post-doctoral researchers. Upon approval of the application, the researchers organize the topic workshop themselves and get refunded via the RS3 coordination. If you would like to apply for a topic workshop, please have a look at the internal Wiki link on that topic. Feel free to contact assistant at spp-rs3.de if you have any further specific questions.