Venue and Directions
The final event of RS3 was held at Jagdschloss Kranichstein, a Baroque castle near the city of Darmstadt. The Jagdschloss was first built in 1580 by Landgrave Georg I of Hessen-Darmstadt and was used for staging hunting parties in the surrounding park.
A few years ago, the castle has been converted into a modern conference venue.
The address of Jagdschloss Kranichstein is:
You can reach Jagdschloss Kranichstein as follows:
- By car: Exit highway A5 at Weiterstadt (exit 25) and follow the signs in the direction of Darmstadt. After passing under the railway bridges, stay on Carl-Schenk-Ring (which eventually becomes Martin-Luther-King-Ring) and follow it to the end. Then turn left onto Kranichsteiner Straße and follow the road until you reach Jagdschloss Kranichstein on the right hand side. Free parking is available in front of the castle.
- By public transport from Darmstadt Main Station and the center of Darmstadt: Take bus line H in the direction of Kranichstein Kesselhutweg to the terminal stop. Then, head north-east on foot along Kranichsteiner Straße for about 1 km until you reach Jagdschloss Kranichstein on the right hand side of the road.
- By public transport from Frankfurt Airport: Take the AirLiner bus from the airport (see flyer for more information) directly to the center of Darmstadt (exit at Luisenplatz). From there, continue as described above by taking the bus line H.
Welcome Hotel Darmstadt
Additional accomodation was reserved for participants of the event at the Welcome Hotel in the center of Darmstadt. The address of the hotel is:
You can reach Welcome Hotel as follows:
- By car: Exit highways A5 or A67 at Autobahnkreuz Darmstadt and follow the signs towards the city center (Darmstadt/Stadtmitte). Follow Rheinstraße/B26 to the end and into the City-Ring-Tunnel. In the tunnel, take the exit to the left, then turn left at the next traffic light onto Kirchstraße. Continue straight ahead until passing between the castle and the congress center, then turn left. Immediately at the next traffic light, the entry to the parking garage Schlossgarage/Karolinenplatz is located on the right-hand side. In the garage, continue all the way through to the hotel part.
- By public transport from Darmstadt Main Station: Take tram line 3 (direction: Lichtenbergschule), bus line H (directions: Kranichstein Kesselhutweg or Alfred-Messel-Weg), bus line F (direction: Oberwaldhaus), or bus line K (direction: TU-Lichtwiese/Mensa) and exit at Schloss. Follow the tram tracks east to the crossing, then turn left onto Schloßgraben and proceed straight ahead to reach the hotel in about two minutes.
- By public transport from Frankfurt Airport: Take the AirLiner bus from the airport (see flyer for more information) directly to the center of Darmstadt (exit at Kongresszentrum). From here, the hotel is already visible and reachible in one minute on foot.